A 4-year-old boy is admitted to the Lautoka Hospital after consuming paint thinner which was kept in a clear plastic bottle in his home in Tagaqe, Sigatoka.

Police say the incident occurred yesterday afternoon.

They say he was rushed to the Sigatoka Hospital and later transferred to the Lautoka Hospital.

Police are again reminding parents and guardians of the importance of supervision and ask that homes be thoroughly checked to ensure that children are not exposed to any harm.

They are pleading with parents and guardians to ensure that all harmful chemicals and substances are kept well out of children’s reach and that supervision is prioritised at all times to avoid such unfortunate incidents.