Okayyy…let’s get straight to the point shall we?
The Australian High Commission (AHC) in Fiji in partnership with the Fiji Rights Association (FIPRA), are searching for Fiji’s next new AMAZING voice.
Through the support of our partners; Communications Fiji Ltd, Fiji Times, Westpac and Knox Ent, we want to ‘unearth’ and showcase hidden talent in Fiji by providing a platform for young, aspiring musicians to promote their music and gain a public profile, while building stronger connections between Australia and Fiji.
Calling all music enthusiasts to submit a recording of an original song for a chance to win $5, 000. 10 finalists will receive professional music coaching, studio time and a chance to perform their original song at the Uprising Music Festival.
Fiji Times Grand Prize winner
- $FJD $5, 000.
- Opportunity to professionally record winning entry.
- Appearance on ABC’s Pacific Beat – Island Music with Rick Howe.
- One year membership in FIPRA
- Entrants must be Fiji nationals currently residing in Fiji
- Entrants below the age of 18 must have parental/ guardian approval
- Entrants must be an amateur artist/band with no prior music productions
- AHC staff, FIPRA and it’s current members and employees of sponsors or partners and immediate* family members are not eligible to participate. (spouse, defacto partner, child, grandchild, parent, grandparent and/or siblings. (and their spouses)