Well first things first, she was already a major celebrity in Korea before the Netflix series turned her into a worldwide icon.
The actress, who became a fan favourite as Squid Game‘s Kang Sae-byeok, was a supermodel before she became an actress. Squid Game marks her very first acting role! Her downtime during her modelling career inspired her to pursue acting.
Here are some facts you need to know about her if she’s already your favourite actress after watching the series.
- Jung Ho-Yeon’s real name is HoYeon Jung. Jung is her surname; in many Korean families, their surname is written first.
- She plays Sae-byeok in Squid Game. Not only does the part mark her acting debut, but she told Vogue that the series was also her very first audition. That’s a pretty great success rate!
- She has reportedly dated South Korean actor Lee Dong-Hwi since around 2016.
- She has two siblings, a sister and a brother, but little is known about them.
- She’s best friends with Jennie, a member of the superstar Korean group BLACKPINK
- This picture of her was what captured the eyes and hearts of many !!
Love her for this. Can’t wait to see her more on-screen and hopefully gets a Hollywood debut!