A 17-year-old Mexican teenager died because of a brain embolism allegedly caused by the hickey his older girlfriend left on his neck during a date.
There is a viral video going around TikTok these days about the tragic story of Julio Macías González, a 17-year-old teenager from Iztapalapa, Mexico, who died in 2016 because of a hickey.
In the viral video, which has been doing the rounds online for about a week, an AI avatar of young Julio tells the tale of how he died after collapsing during dinner at his parents’ house. On August 25, 2016, while making out with his 24-year-old girlfriend, Julio got a hickey on his neck, but he didn’t think anything of it. After all, young lovers give themselves hickeys all the time, and they’re considered virtually harmless. But what the teen boy didn’t know was that in very rare cases, they can apparently be deadly…
After Macías González’s death, several newspapers reported that his older girlfriend had disappeared. At the time, his parents said that they held her responsible for his death, revealing that they had never approved of their relationship, because of the age difference between them. It is unclear whether she was ever charged for what seems like a very clear accidental death.
This is crazyyyy!!!